Hypoestes Seeds Scientific Name : Hypoestes phyllostachya
Common Name : Polka Dot Plant
Plant Habit : Mounded, Spreading
Spacing : 12 – 16″ (30 – 41cm)
Height : 10 – 18″ (25 – 46cm)
Width : 12 – 14″ (30 – 36cm)
Exposure : Partial Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 6 to 7 weeks
- The grower’s choice for mass market pot production, with excellent shipping tolerance and shelf life.
- Crop time can be reduced by planting multiple-sown young plants in each pot.
- Heat-tolerant and shade-tolerant.
- Can be used as an indoor plant or offered with other bedding annuals.
- Hypoestes (Hypoestes Sanguinolenta Polka Dot) – Grown for its variegated, attractive foliage, use this delightful plant indoors as a perennial or outdoors in the shade garden as an annual. Hypoestes Polka Dot plant grows readily from flower seeds and will reach just 8 – 12 inches tall and 9 inches wide. One of the most effortless house plants or shade plants you will ever grow. An annual foliage plant (or greenhouse perennial), it springs right up from flower seed, quickly reaching its mature size. The large, pointed leaves arise from the central stem, creating a neat rosette that looks lovely in the front of the border or in containers of all sizes. The foliage is dark green very heavily splattered with light pink,or red so that on most leaves, only the midrib and veining remain green.
Hypoestes Polka Dot is a great choice to mix in with with other foliage plants in the shade. Stand out amongst other plants and give your beds a unique look. Polka Dot will give months of color and enjoyment in the house too! Sow Polka Dot plant seeds indoors 4 – 6 weeks before frost season has passed. Use well-draining potting soil and gently press Hypoestes seeds into soil. Covering with plastic wrap to hold in heat and moisture is helpful. Polka Dot plants tend to get leggy, so do not hesitate to pinch them back to encourage a more compact plant. Grow as a perennial houseplant or an annual outdoor plant in zones 3 – 8. May grow as a perennial in USDA zone 9.
1 review for Hypoestes Seeds Polka Dot plant Red color pack of 20 seeds Imported