Basil Dolce Fresca Scientific Name : Ocimum basilicum
Common Name : Basil, Annual Herb
Blooming Season : Late Spring, Spring, Early Spring, Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded
Spacing : 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm)
Height : 12 – 14″ (30 – 36cm)
Width : 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw.
Herb Type : Genovese
Plant Habit : Compact, mounded
Colour : Medium Green
Suited For : Fresh cut, hydroponic, pot, roots-on
Days to maturity from transplant : 28
Production Method : Field, Hydroponic
- Mid-size plant has a unique, bushy habit with shorter internodes that shows better at retail than traditional basils and holds its controlled size in the garden without getting tall and leggy.
- More usable leaf yields, with traditional sweet Genovese basil flavour.
All-America Selections Winner
Basil Dolce Fresca Planting and care
Planting should be start after last spring frost. Basil seeds are usually surface sown but can tolerate little bit of soil cover. Sow the seeds on a moist potting mix and barely cover it with soil or peat. They should germinate in a weeks time. Transplant them when they have 2 to 3 true leaves. Plant Basil plants 8 to 10 inches apart
|Full sun to partial shade||Moist, well-drained soil||Moderate||18 to 28 degrees C||Basil needs little organic Fertilizer, should be added to the soil before planting.|
Basil Dolce Fresca Classic
- Pinch or prune basil plants as they grow to promote branching and bushiness.
- Never cut into the woody parts of a stem.
- Basil flower buds should be removed by pinching as soon as you see them form.
Limited harvesting of the leaves can start on young plants and as they get larger, individual leaves as well as tips of the plants can be harvested.
Typical uses of Sweet Basil Bon Classic
Special features: Flavor
Culinary use: It is used to flavor soups, stews, tomato dishes, meat, game, fish, egg dishes, herb butters and herb vinegar.
Ornamental use: It can be planted for an ornamental use.
Medicinal use: It has many medicinal properties.