Petunia Double Pink Scientific Name : Petunia x hybrida
Common Name : Grandiflora Double Petunia
Blooming Season : Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded, Upright
Spacing : 10 – 14″ (25 – 36cm)
Height : 10 – 15″ (25 – 38cm)
Width : 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm)
Exposure : Sun
Petunia Double Pink Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw, Pelleted.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 6 to 7 weeks
- Huge, 3 to 3.5-in./8 to 9-cm, double flowers resemble carnations.
- Outstanding habit and good branching.
- Excellent program for late Spring sales.
- Well-suited to larger containers, mixed combination planters and beds.
Care For Double Petunia Plants
- You don’t need to water double petunias as these plants are heat tolerant. Once a week of watering will satiate their thirst unless your area usually experience a prolonged drought season. On the other hand, those in hanging baskets and containers require frequent watering.
- Plant petunias in a well-drained soil. Too much water will give you lots of stems and lesser flowers.
- Double flowered types need biweekly fertilizer doses. A time-release fertilizer makes a great solution to ensure perfect growth.
- Petunias love direct sunlight but can also do well in partial shade.
- As the seeds need to germinate, do not cover and just sprinkle them on top of the soil. Warmer weather helps them germinate faster.
- Petunias can adapt to a wide array of soil pH. However, they don’t like cold climates and they don’t want to stay dry for longer periods.
- Keep petunia warm indoors during winter. Although they like a cool weather, they cannot tolerate frost.