Osteospermum Akila Grand Canyon Seed supplied as: Raw.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring 10 to 12 weeks, Autumn 7 to 9 weeks
- “Sow easy, so awesome”: The most compact seed series matches or surpasses any vegetative series for easy, no-pinch production; terrific uniformity and top-selling colours.
- Delivers 5% higher germination than competitors for higher yields – it’s the best seed-grown osteo for both habit and seed quality.
- Excellent branching assures better pot fill and great bench-to-garden performance.
- Well-suited to mechanized production and high-density programs.
- Plants branch without pinching; all colours flower within a 7 to 10-day window across the Akila series and no vernalisation is needed.
- Full, well-branched plants are drought-tolerant once established.
Multicolour segregating mix includes popular colours like yellow, magicians and rose-reds, plus salmon, apricot and orange shades. A gorgeous mix of the colours of the setting sun.
Scientific Name : Osteospermum ecklonis
Common Name : African Daisy
Hardiness Zone : 9a – 11
Blooming Season : Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring
Plant Habit : Mounded
Spacing : 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm)
Height : 10 – 14″ (25 – 36cm)
Width : 14 – 20″ (36 – 51cm)
Exposure : Sun