Sunflower Vincent This series is a major step forward in sunflower breeding. Vincent’s was bred to be less sensitive to day length for greater flexibility in programming, allowing growers to produce high quality crops early, mid and late season. Vincent’s Choice Deep Orange DMR is a breeding breakthrough with proven resistance to multiple types of Downy Mildew infection. Helianthus Vincent’s series – Flexibility in programming:
- Less sensitive to day length than other Sunflowers for greater flexibility in programming
- Better height under short days, not too tall under long days
- Allows growers to produce high quality crops early, mid and late season
- An extra ring of rounded, overlapping petals for better filled, more attractive flower heads
- Flowers face upwards on strong stems and necks
- Shorter crop cycle and concentrated harvest means increased margins
- Strong seeding and plant vigour
Sunflower Florenza Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.